• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Last Queen

Archduchy Claimant
14 Badges
Jan 11, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
Prolouge​

In the 1830's, as civil war raveged Spain, an ingenoius man-Fernando Alacova- anounced to the weary citizens of Barcelona that they are free. A new nation, Catalonia, has entered the world. Alacova installed himself as King Fernando the Liberator. His visions would be more than survival of his kingdom. His visions were to recreate the great power that was once Aragon, and beyond!

But, in the eventful day of December 26th, 1833 while vactioning in Tarragona, he was shot by a Spainish nationalist. His wife, a Frenchwoman, was not given the throne. His daughter, the lovely 15 year-old Annemarie, would recive the majestic title.

But the Frenchwoman, Lucile, had become Queen Consort. For three years she would rule, but in 1836, Annemarie became the Queen Annemarie.

Good luck! :) Will you use an existing mod or have you modded your game yourself?:)

The Dawn in Barcelona

v21s.jpg

Europe at the dawn of Annemarie's Reign

Annemarie was a tall, thin woman, towering over Parlament as she announces the cleanup of scandalous corruption in the administration of The Queen Consort Lucille. The poor chaps (as Annemarie said) were fat and lazy. She then yells out an order, "Everyone, get out!" Annemarie called for an appointed Parlament by herself.

v22u.jpg

Spanish and Carlists returning to the Motherland.

In January the 2, in the town squares of the 4 major cities of Catalonia, huge crowds arouse to the Spanish and Carlist soldiers. The generals of the armies asked the governernor, "Who's side are you on?" The crowds replied, "We are not Spainards, we are not Carlists, we are not Frenchmen, we are Catalans, we are free men!" The armies left the nation. Annemarie saw this as a great moment for her kingdom.

Just a litlle fun..

Just a little fun to keep my readers (if there are any) from getting too bored.

Should Annemarie invade the country where this lovely lady comes from? :eek:
428pxmarieantoinetteadu.jpg

So Austria then. Since she came from there I mean.;)

True true
But she was useless in both places. But Annemarie wants to free the Catalans suck in Perpinigan.

Austria may be invaded for Dalamtia and maybe Venice..hmmm

Poofy-wigged, well-fed, unintlegible, fun-loving wife of Louis XIV
"Let them eat cake"

Sorry to be a pedant, but she never actually said that... it's a very prevalent misquote. Not that I'm defending her. She certainly was a useless lump of aristocratic callousness and oppression. Useless or not, though, her hubby has a pretty strong army that would surely crush Catalonia beneath it's heel! You're not seriously considering going up against the blue coats are you? Would be rather a sad ending to such an interesting AAR!

i am so sorry... de Quart, Xanthi, and Iain, but the save file was lost.
I am though, making a new aar for EU3 DW called A Wales of a Tale , about, you guessed it, WALES.

Omega, I wish i could, and i probably will, but if i can't find a site other imageshack to post pictures, i won't.